Narrated Tram Tour
Tour the Gardens from the comfort of our tram. This narrated tour emphasizes the history of Descanso Gardens and discusses its key plant collections. No reservations required. Tickets are $5 each and can be purchased at the Visitor Center. Trams tours are 1 pm Tuesday through Friday; and 11 am and 1 pm Saturday and Sunday. Please check with the Visitor Center to see if tram tours are available the day of your visit. The tram does not operate on Mondays.
To ensure the tram will be operating on the day of your visit, we recommend you call ahead: (818) 949-4200.
Group tours are available for parties of 25 people or more. Tour packages includes:
- Free parking for bus, vans or cars.
- Admission to the Gardens included in all tour prices.
- Free Gardens admission for driver and one escort.
- Personalized service. A tour advisor will assist you with reservations and can offer creative ideas to make your visit a success.
- Box-lunch reservations available.
- Picnic area available by reservation.
- Special arrangements possible, just ask a tour advisor.
Docent-led Walking Tour
Experience the Gardens with a Descanso docent. For groups of 25 or more (no maximum), available every day of the week, this tour will introduce the magic and history of the Gardens, with an eye to seasonal surprises. We can create customized tours to meet your group’s special interests. We provide one (1) docent per 25 guests. Walking tours are rain or shine so please dress appropriately. Walking tours are for persons of reasonably good health and capable of a substantial amount of walking. Please contact us if you have any questions about the suitability of the Docent-led Walking Tour for your group. Please allow three weeks advance notice for your tour. Price is $7 per person.