- Group tours are available for parties of 25 people or more. Tour packages includes:
- Free parking for bus, vans or cars.
- Admission to the Gardens included in all tour prices.
- Free Gardens admission for driver and one escort.
- Personalized service. A tour advisor will assist you with reservations and can offer creative ideas to make your visit a success.
- Box-lunch reservations available.
- Picnic area available by reservation.
- Special arrangements possible, just ask a tour advisor.
Self-Guided Walking Tour
For an independent group of 25 or more (no maximum), the Self-Guided Walking Tour is a great option and is available all year. Self-Guided Walking Tour includes a 10-minute orientation to Descanso Gardens and a site map for each person. Walking tours are rain or shine so please have group members dress appropriately. Allow a minimum of 60 minutes to tour the grounds. Walking tours are for persons of reasonably good health and capable of a substantial amount of walking. Please contact us if you have questions about the suitability of the Self-Guided Walking Tour for your group. Please allow two weeks advance notice to reserve your date. The tour lasts 60 to 90 minutes. Price per person: $6.
Narrated Tram Tour
Tour the Gardens from the comfort of our tram. This narrated tour emphasizes the history of Descanso Gardens and discusses its key plant collections. No reservations required. Tickets are $4 each and can be purchased at the Visitor Center. Spring season trams tours are 1 and 3 pm Tuesday-Friday; 11 a.m. and 1:30 pm Saturday; and 1:30 and 3 pm Sunday. Please check with the Visitor Center to see if tram tours are available the day of your visit. The tram does not operate on Mondays.
To ensure the tram will be operating on the day of your visit, we recommend you call ahead: (818) 949-4200.