What’s in Bloom
Year-round, there’s something to see at Descanso Gardens! Below are estimated bloom times of your favorite plants. Please call Visitor Services at (818) 949-4200 to confirm that your favorites are blooming prior to your visit.
- JANUARY: Camellias, cherry trees and winter annuals
- FEBRUARY: Camellias, magnolias, cherry trees and daffodils
- MARCH: Tulips, camellias, irises, lilacs, cherry trees, clivia and daffodils
- APRIL: Azaleas, camellias, irises, lilacs, native plants and wildflowers, and wisteria
- MAY: Roses, azaleas, camellias, irises, wildflowers and California natives
- JUNE: Modern and heritage roses, and summer annuals
- JULY, AUGUST & SEPTEMBER: Roses, summer annuals and perennials, crape myrtle, and cassia
- OCTOBER: Sasanqua camellias, roses and fall foliage
- NOVEMBER: Camellias, toyon berries, annuals, ginkgo and fall foliage
- DECEMBER: Camellias, toyon berries, annuals and ginkgo.
What’s Blooming Now
While Descanso is currently closed, we’ll bring the blooms to you 🌷 Stay connected to the garden with our spring bloom updates 🌸
Warning: The account for descansogardens needs to be reconnected.
Due to Instagram platform changes on March 31, 2020, this Instagram account needs to be reconnected to allow the feed to continue updating. Reconnect on plugin Settings page