What’s in Bloom
Year-round, there’s something to see at Descanso Gardens! Below are estimated bloom times of your favorite plants. Please call Visitor Services at (818) 949-4200 to confirm that your favorites are blooming prior to your visit.
- JANUARY: Camellias, toyon berries, and winter annuals
- FEBRUARY: Camellias, magnolias, cherry trees and daffodils
- MARCH: Tulips, camellias, irises, lilacs, cherry trees, clivia and daffodils
- APRIL: Azaleas, camellias, irises, lilacs, native plants and wildflowers, and wisteria
- MAY: Roses, azaleas, irises, wildflowers and California natives
- JUNE: Modern and heritage roses, and summer annuals
- JULY, AUGUST & SEPTEMBER: Roses, summer annuals and perennials, crape myrtle, and cassia
- OCTOBER: Sasanqua camellias, roses and fall foliage
- NOVEMBER: Camellias, toyon berries, annuals, ginkgo and fall foliage
- DECEMBER: Camellias, toyon berries, annuals and ginkgo.
What’s Blooming Now
🌷 A botanical oasis minutes from Downtown L.A.
🌲 Open 9am–7pm Mon–Fri, 9am–5pm Sat–Sun
🎟 Non-members need advance tickets