Enchanted will return November 2024
Nov. 19, 2023–Jan. 7, 2024. Open 5:30–10pm, closed Nov. 23, Dec. 24–25
Adult ticket prices
Children’s ticket prices (ages 2–12)
Advance tickets are required to enter Enchanted and are not sold on-site
Enchanted is de-light-ful
Wonderous shimmering night garden
Descanso’s Enchanted Forest of Light is an interactive, nighttime adventure unlike anything else in Los Angeles.
By day, Descanso blossoms and chitters with cheerful and welcoming, sunlit landscapes. By night, Enchanted Forest of Light transforms the gardens into an entirely different realm of magic, mystery, and incandescence.
Enchanted’s inventive installations cultivate a parallel world with light, color, and ambient music that transform familiar garden spaces into whimsical, dramatic, and sublime botanical artscapes.
The event offers visitors a one-mile evening excursion through some of the most beloved areas of Descanso Gardens that, with enchantment, dance as if inhabited by fanciful, luminescent flora and fauna.
Returning favorites and fresh delights
Expect to see popular returning installations, including an entire town of magical “stained glass” houses by contemporary sculptor Tom Fruin; sparkling geometric installations from HYBYCOZO; Flower Power on the Promenade; and exquisite lighting effects in the Ancient Forest.
A magical route through the garden
Preview the route that takes you through some of the most beloved parts of Descanso.
Rain or shine – Enchanted lights up the night
- Enchanted is a “rain-or-shine” event that stays open even in inclement weather
- Tickets are non-refundable, have timed entry, and must be purchased in advance
- Dress for warmth. Enchanted Forest of Light can be unusually chilly from the fabled breeze off the lake, or due to some mystic bewitched weather spell. We recommend cozy coats and sweaters.
- Hot drinks and other delicious treats will be available for purchase
Dates and entry times
Dates: Nov. 19, 2023–Jan. 7, 2024 (closed Nov. 23, Dec. 24–25)
Entry times: 5:30pm, 6pm, 6:30pm, 7pm, 7:30pm, 8pm, & 8:30pm
Descanso members get a discount and early ticket access for events like EnchantedBecome a member
Top Enchanted FAQs
Do Descanso Gardens members get free Enchanted tickets?
We offer our members a discount on Enchanted tickets, but Descanso members don’t get free tickets to Enchanted.
Can I reschedule or get a refund on my ticket?
Enchanted tickets cannot be rescheduled or refunded. If you’re unable to attend your initial date, please consider your ticket a donation to the Descanso Gardens Foundation.
Could Enchanted be canceled due to bad weather?
Enchanted will happen rain or shine. Dress code: Comfy shoes and warm layers. Remember to bring your magic umbrella to ward off any rain.
How long is the walk through Enchanted and what’s the route like?
- The event route is about 1 mile long and takes most visitors about one hour to complete. Plan to spend about 90 minutes to fully experience Enchanted.
- While it’s a relatively easy walk, we do recommend comfy, stable shoes.
- The route is accessible for strollers, wheelchairs, and mobility assistance devices.
- Enchanted pathways have plenty of well-lit signage, plus friendly staff if you need assistance or directions.
Is there any other practical or experiential info I should know?
- It get’s chilly here at night! We highly recommend a coat and even a scarf, hat, and gloves.
- Enchanted Descanso by night doesn’t look like Descanso by day. Familiar places are transformed by the installations in fun and surprising ways.
- There is an ambient musical soundscape throughout the experience.
- There are some flashing lights in the installations.
- Some of the installations are interactive. Some installations cycle through changes in color or sound over a short span of time, so we recommend lingering a bit.
- Refreshments, including hot drinks and yummy treats, are available for purchase.
- Our gift shop (The Store) will be open and has a wonderful selection of holiday and plant-themed crafts and goods.
- Restrooms will be open.
- If you need help with anything, ask our friendly Guest Services staff.
Can groups come to Enchanted? Buses?
We do welcome buses and groups to Enchanted but because of our limited parking, we ask that you visit on a non-peak night. You must reserve tickets for groups and parking for buses over the phone.
Our staff can help you pick a date, purchase tickets, and answer any questions at 818.949.4200.
For working media: Descanso Gardens gives qualified media and influencers an opportunity to experience the gardensMedia pass policy
“The fall-winter Enchanted Forest was quite simply the most stunning display of lights I have ever seen . . . . We spent hours there and I was quite simply amazed by the special characteristics of each setting.”ENCHANTED GUEST
Enchanted Forest of Light is generously sponsored by:
Heather Sturt Haaga and Paul Haaga, Jr.
Ann and Peter Murphy
Blythe, Tyler, June and Adelaide Parker
Brad and Vicki Schwartz
Linda and Peter Segal
Margaret Leong Checca and Michael Checca
Construction Law, Inc.
Leo and Stephanie Dencik
Laura and Mark Furey
James Levin and Sarah Mac Dowall
Marie and John Queen
Jessica and Lisa Son
Hope Tschopik Schneider
Frank and Margaret Campbell
Lola James Kelly
Doug and Jane Krech
Wendy Lees and Tom Boyle
Sandra Mays and John Marshall
Betsy and Ted Merchant
Perlman/Lee Family Fund
Patricia and William Pinney
Andy and Juls Rooke
Scolnik and Kopchak Families
Clarissa and Brad Weirick
Jeremy and Erin Baker
Dimple Bhasin and Ben Pradhan
Diane Binney and Mike Brown
Keith Knueven and Chalmer Pivik
Kimberly and Dana Laurence
Edward and Daniela Lesnansky
Laurie and Craig Poindexter
Chris and Katie Poole
Somer Sherwood-White and Jeffrey White
Tamar and Jacob Tujian
The Waldheim Family
Corporate & Community In-kind Sponsors
Enchanted Preview Party
What: Enchanted eats, drinks, and entertainment in a lit landscape.
Where: Descanso Gardens
When: Nov. 18, 2023, 7–10pm
Tickets: Sold out