Please note that Tomatomania has been canceled.
TOMATOMANIA!, the world’s largest tomato seedling sale, returns to Descanso Gardens. Activities free to members. Included in the price of regular Descanso Gardens admission, no registration required.
9am – 5pm
Select from hundreds of healthy seedlings, including heirloom varieties, old favorites and unusual offerings.
The Kitchen for Exploring Foods Bloody Mary Bar
This popular Bloody Mary Bar returns!
10:30am and 1:30pm
Get tips from experts on growing at the Gardenerd Education Series.
Tomato Cooking Demo
A chef from The Kitchen for Exploring Foods will prepare dishes featuring tomatoes.
Please note that Urban Forager: Deconstructing Salsa has been canceled.
Urban Forager author Elisa Callow will be joined once again by Mario Rodriguez, featured chef in the Urban Forager cookbook, for Deconstructing Salsa Part 2. Mario will demonstrate the remarkable variety of salsas, incorporating fresh and dried chiles and using the traditional comal pan. He will also share options for serving these versatile and iconic sauces.
To join us on Free Tuesday, you will need advance tickets.
Tickets for Free Tuesday on April 21 will be available on Tuesday, March 31 at 10am.
- Tickets are free and must be reserved online in advance, by phone at (818) 949-4200 or in person. No tickets will be available on-site at the Gardens on Free Tuesday.
- Tickets are available three weeks before the date of Free Tuesday. There are two times available to enter: 9am and 1pm. Once you are in the Gardens, you man stay until Descanso Gardens closes at 5pm.
- All visitors – including infants – need a ticket.
- Descanso Gardens members do not need a ticket.
- Members of other gardens that participate in the Reciprocal Admissions Program must reserve a free non-member ticket.
- Tickets will be scanned for entry and can only be used for the date and time printed on them.
- Tickets are limited to 6 per household; those reserving more than 6 tickets will have all additional tickets invalidated. Ticket purchaser must be present with entire party in order to enter the Garden. Descanso Gardens staff may request identification from the ticket purchaser.
- Please read our garden etiquette guidelines to better understand the expectations of behavior when visiting Descanso.
- Food and picnicking are not permitted in the Gardens; however, you are welcome to use the picnic area adjacent to the parking lot.
- We cannot accommodate tour groups/buses on Free Tuesday. For group availability, contact email@example.com or (818) 949-4202.
The music is one hour long and begins at 10am, 12pm, 2pm, 4pm and 6pm.