June 9–10 // Thursday–Friday: 10am–5pm
June 11–12 // Saturday–Sunday: 10am–4pm
Experience Tonalism (in Space) from dublab at Descanso for four days this June. With immersive surround sound installations in different areas of the garden, Tonalism invites participants to enjoy ambient music and consider sound as a way to reflect, meditate and connect with our surroundings and environment.
Free with admission, no advance registration required
- Meditative music brings a new sound element to this garden space
- Visitors are invited to explore The Centering Center’s woven pavilion – a social space for interaction and reflection
- Storytelling Workshop with Tina Orduno Calderon on Thursday, June 9 from 11am–noon
- Tina will share stories and songs with guests at Descanso Gardens as well as speak about the revival of the Tongva language and the fluidity of culture which is integrally connected to language and place
- Soundbaths on Thursday and Friday, June 9 and 10 from 5–6:30pm
- Immerse yourself in the sounds of crystal bowls under the oaks
- Four Quadrant Induction Meditation by Marcos Lutyens on Sunday, June 12 from 11am–noon
- A guided meditation exploring internal, sensory, social and environmental realms as they relate to the inner self and to the intent of the Centering Center Pavilion
- Quadraphonic soundscapes and other compositions
Come join this guided monthly walk for birders of all levels. Bring binoculars!
Free with membership, no registration required.
Exclusively for Descanso Gardens members at the Family Plus level and higher! Save the date for the Family Plus Summer Celebration on July 2, featuring entertainment, activities, free Enchanted Railroad rides, and more.
Advance registration required, register here.
This is an invitation event for members at the Family Plus level and higher. Interested in upgrading your membership? Contact the Development Office at (818) 952-4391, or click here to join.