Please note that Garden Sprouts is full.
Join us on four Fridays from October 25–November 15. Meets in the Harvest Garden.
Garden Sprouts is a grownup and child (ages 2–4) class where the seeds of love for nature are planted and nurtured. Children and adults participate in story time, songs, hands-on nature, science, art, and gardening activities, as well as prepare a healthy snack together. All activities are designed specifically for children’s fine and gross motor skills and social development.
$40 members; $48 non-members. Registration required.
Explore Descanso Gardens from the ground up with your children ages 2 to 5. On the first Saturday of the month, Little Explorers will encourage kids to use their senses to discover the natural world through hands-on activities.
Free with admission. No registration required.
Join Urban Forager author Elisa Callow for a refreshing look at the myriad forms of salad – fresh, marinated and pickled – designed to bring out the best of hardy winter greens, such as cabbage, kale and lettuce.
$40 members, $50 nonmembers. Advance reservation required, register here.
Please note that this program is non-refundable.
Join us once a month for a fun and relaxed guided walk along Descanso’s many beautiful paths and trails. Whether you are looking to improve your health, make new friends, or get to know the Gardens, an experienced guide will help you explore all that Descanso has to offer.
Free to members. No registration required.
The stars will shine, the lanterns will glow and you will be the first to experience Enchanted Forest of Light at the 2019–20 Preview Party on Saturday, November 16. The event will give visitors a chance to experience Enchanted before it opens on November 17.
Tickets are $150 per person and include food and drinks, plus additional entertainment.
Please note: Enchanted Forest of Light is sold out. There are no more tickets available.
Experience the wonder of Enchanted Forest of Light from November 17 to January 5. New this year is contemporary sculptor Tom Fruin’s magical “stained glass” creation which will grace Descanso’s Mulberry Pond. Popular favorites returning include the Ancient Forest, Flower Power, and “Celestial Shadows” by HYBYCOZO.
Enchanted is a rain-or-shine event. Tickets are non-refundable, have timed entry and must be purchased in advance. See our FAQs about Enchanted here.
Tickets to Free Tuesday on Nov. 19 are sold out.
Please note that Free Tuesday tickets do not include entry to Enchanted Forest of Light.
- Tickets are free and must be reserved online in advance, by phone at (818) 949-4200 or in person. No tickets will be available on-site at the Gardens on Free Tuesday.
- Tickets are available three weeks before the date of Free Tuesday. There are two times available to enter: 9am and 1pm. Once you are in the Gardens, you man stay until Descanso Gardens closes at 5pm.
- All visitors – including infants – need a ticket.
- Descanso Gardens members do not need a ticket.
- Members of other gardens that participate in the Reciprocal Admissions Program must reserve a free non-member ticket.
- Tickets will be scanned for entry and can only be used for the date and time printed on them.
- Tickets are limited to 6 per household; those reserving more than 6 tickets will have all additional tickets invalidated. Ticket purchaser must be present with entire party in order to enter the Garden. Descanso Gardens staff may request identification from the ticket purchaser.
- Please read our garden etiquette guidelines to better understand the expectations of behavior when visiting Descanso.
- Food and picnicking are not permitted in the Gardens; however, you are welcome to use the picnic area adjacent to the parking lot.
- We cannot accommodate tour groups/buses on Free Tuesday. For group availability, contact email@example.com or (818) 949-4202.
The Boddy House will be seasonally decorated from November 23 to January 6. Enjoy festive displays that celebrate the textures, scents and colors of beautiful winter botanicals. You just might be inspired to switch up your own seasonal décor!
The Boddy House is open 10am – 4pm daily.