Please note that Descanso Gardens is closed until further notice.
To join us on Free Tuesday, you will need advance tickets.
Tickets for Free Tuesday on April 21 will be available on Tuesday, March 31 at 10am.
- Tickets are free and must be reserved online in advance, by phone at (818) 949-4200 or in person. No tickets will be available on-site at the Gardens on Free Tuesday.
- Tickets are available three weeks before the date of Free Tuesday. There are two times available to enter: 9am and 1pm. Once you are in the Gardens, you man stay until Descanso Gardens closes at 5pm.
- All visitors – including infants – need a ticket.
- Descanso Gardens members do not need a ticket.
- Members of other gardens that participate in the Reciprocal Admissions Program must reserve a free non-member ticket.
- Tickets will be scanned for entry and can only be used for the date and time printed on them.
- Tickets are limited to 6 per household; those reserving more than 6 tickets will have all additional tickets invalidated. Ticket purchaser must be present with entire party in order to enter the Garden. Descanso Gardens staff may request identification from the ticket purchaser.
- Please read our garden etiquette guidelines to better understand the expectations of behavior when visiting Descanso.
- Food and picnicking are not permitted in the Gardens; however, you are welcome to use the picnic area adjacent to the parking lot.
- We cannot accommodate tour groups/buses on Free Tuesday. For group availability, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (818) 949-4202.
Please note that the Spring Bloom Walks are canceled through May 9.
Stroll through the gardens and learn about cherry blossoms, flowering trees, and other seasonal favorites on these guided walks. Meets on Fridays and Saturdays, March 6–May 9. Friday walks meet at 1pm, Saturday walks meet at 11am and 1pm.
Please note that the Spring Bloom Walks are subject to availability and may be canceled due to weather.
· Remember to wear comfortable clothing and closed toed shoes. Please bring gardening gloves, water and a hat.
Get volunteer hours for school and help care for the Gardens at this student volunteer opportunity. Instruction will be provided and work will be supervised by Descanso horticulture staff. This is a great opportunity for individuals, friends, and organizations.