Please note: In order to purchase or reserve tickets online, your operating system and browser need to be upgraded to the latest version. This is an Internet-wide requirement to ensure the highest level of security while processing transactions.
View an early 20th century botanical film screening at the Boddy House. The screening will be followed by a talk with artist Jessica Rath and Dr. Natania Beeker. Rath’s exhibition fruiting bodies is currently on display at the Sturt Haaga Gallery. Dr. Meeker is the co-author of Radical Botany. No registration required, included with admission to the Gardens.
Ensemble Shakespeare Theater returns with performances amongst Descanso’s spring blooms every Saturday and Sunday in March and April. This fun, funny, moving production will travel to peak bloom spots as the season changes, showcasing a blooming botanical backdrop for your favorite Shakespeare scenes. Meets at Center Circle.
No registration required. Included in the price of regular admission. Free to Descanso Gardens members. Please note that this program does not meet on Sunday, April 12.
To join us on Free Tuesday, you will need advance tickets.
Tickets for Free Tuesday on March 17 will be available on Tuesday, February 25 at 10am.
- Tickets are free and must be reserved online in advance, by phone at (818) 949-4200 or in person. No tickets will be available on-site at the Gardens on Free Tuesday.
- Tickets are available three weeks before the date of Free Tuesday. There are two times available to enter: 9am and 1pm. Once you are in the Gardens, you man stay until Descanso Gardens closes at 5pm.
- All visitors – including infants – need a ticket.
- Descanso Gardens members do not need a ticket.
- Members of other gardens that participate in the Reciprocal Admissions Program must reserve a free non-member ticket.
- Tickets will be scanned for entry and can only be used for the date and time printed on them.
- Tickets are limited to 6 per household; those reserving more than 6 tickets will have all additional tickets invalidated. Ticket purchaser must be present with entire party in order to enter the Garden. Descanso Gardens staff may request identification from the ticket purchaser.
- Please read our garden etiquette guidelines to better understand the expectations of behavior when visiting Descanso.
- Food and picnicking are not permitted in the Gardens; however, you are welcome to use the picnic area adjacent to the parking lot.
- We cannot accommodate tour groups/buses on Free Tuesday. For group availability, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (818) 949-4202.
Stroll through the gardens and learn about cherry blossoms, flowering trees, and other seasonal favorites on these guided walks. Meets on Fridays and Saturdays, March 6–May 9. Friday walks meet at 1pm, Saturday walks meet at 11am and 1pm.
Please note that the Spring Bloom Walks are subject to availability and may be canceled due to weather.