Please note: In order to purchase or reserve tickets online, your operating system and browser need to be upgraded to the latest version. This is an Internet-wide requirement to ensure the highest level of security while processing transactions.
To join us on Free Tuesday, you will need advance tickets.
Descanso Gardens opens its gates for free the third Tuesday of every month, and the response has been great. So great, that in order to ensure a great experience for visitors, advance tickets are now required for all non–members on Free Tuesday.
Tickets for Free Tuesday on September 17 will be available at Tuesday, August 27 at 10am.
- Tickets are free and must be reserved online in advance, by phone at (818) 949-4200 or in person. No tickets will be available on-site at the Gardens on Free Tuesday.
- Tickets are available three weeks before the date of Free Tuesday. There are two times available to enter: 9am and 1pm. Once you are in the Gardens, you man stay until Descanso Gardens closes at 5pm.
- All visitors – including infants – need a ticket.
- Descanso Gardens members do not need a ticket.
- Members of other gardens that participate in the Reciprocal Admissions Program must reserve a free non-member ticket.
- Tickets will be scanned for entry and can only be used for the date and time printed on them.
- Tickets are limited to 6 per household; those reserving more than 6 tickets will have all additional tickets invalidated. Ticket purchaser must be present with entire party in order to enter the Garden. Descanso Gardens staff may request identification from the ticket purchaser.
- Please read our garden etiquette guidelines to better understand the expectations of behavior when visiting Descanso.
- Food and picnicking are not permitted in the Gardens; however, you are welcome to use the picnic area adjacent to the parking lot.
- We cannot accommodate tour groups/buses on Free Tuesday. For group availability, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (818) 949-4202.
Join artist-in-residence Carole Kim in the Sturt Haaga Gallery as she discusses the method, inspiration and background behind the Shine a Light exhibition featuring her work.
Eight-week morning yoga session starting Friday, September 20. Includes a 25-minute fitness walk and 60-minutes yoga practice. $116 for eight-week session. Advance registration and minimum enrollment required. Please note that this program is non-refundable.
Register online here, in person at the Descanso Gardens Visitor Center, or by phone at (818) 949-7980.
Explore Descanso Gardens from the ground up with your children ages 2 to 5. On the first Saturday of the month, Little Explorers will encourage kids to use their senses to discover the natural world through hands-on activities.
Free with admission. No registration required.
Please note that this class is sold out.
Join Urban Forager author Elisa Callow and featured chef Mario Rodriguez as they demonstrate the remarkable variety of salsas using the traditional comal pan and incorporating fresh and dried chiles.
$40 members, $50 nonmembers. Advance reservation required.
Please note that this program is non-refundable.