Please note: In order to purchase or reserve tickets online, your operating system and browser need to be upgraded to the latest version. This is an Internet-wide requirement to ensure the highest level of security while processing transactions.
Join us once a month for a fun and relaxed guided walk along Descanso’s many beautiful paths and trails. Whether you are looking to improve your health, make new friends, or get to know the Gardens, an experienced guide will help you explore all that Descanso has to offer.
Free to members. No registration required.
In Fall 2014, we opened the Oak Woodland, which transformed an uncultivated behind-the-scenes area into seven additional acres of native plant garden. Join us to learn more about the iconic trees that dot the landscape, and celebrate five years of this beautiful part of Descanso.
Entry to the Oak Woodland: 5 Year Celebration is included in the price of regular Descanso Gardens admission.
Oak Tree Talk with Emily Han | 10am
While sitting under a canopy of oaks, learn about these essential and majestic California trees from herbalist, educator and author, Emily Han.
Wildflower Seed Search | 10am–1pm
Fall is the best time to plant California wildflower seeds. Pick up a wildflower map at the Information Station that will guide you Seed Stations in the garden. Visit the Seed Stations and make your own wildflower seed packet to take home.
Foothill Municipal Water District Information Table | 10am–1pm
Learn about water-wise practices, local rebates for your home and more.
Oak Woodland Highlight Tour | 1pm
Take a guided walk of the Oak Woodland to learn about the different plants and animals that thrive here.
Eight-week morning yoga session starting Monday, September 16. Includes a 25-minute fitness walk and 60-minutes yoga practice. $116 for eight-week session. Advance registration and minimum enrollment required. Please note that this program is non-refundable.
Register online here, in person at the Descanso Gardens Visitor Center, or by phone at (818) 949-7980.
To join us on Free Tuesday, you will need advance tickets.
Descanso Gardens opens its gates for free the third Tuesday of every month, and the response has been great. So great, that in order to ensure a great experience for visitors, advance tickets are now required for all non–members on Free Tuesday.
Tickets for Free Tuesday on September 17 will be available at Tuesday, August 27 at 10am.
- Tickets are free and must be reserved online in advance, by phone at (818) 949-4200 or in person. No tickets will be available on-site at the Gardens on Free Tuesday.
- Tickets are available three weeks before the date of Free Tuesday. There are two times available to enter: 9am and 1pm. Once you are in the Gardens, you man stay until Descanso Gardens closes at 5pm.
- All visitors – including infants – need a ticket.
- Descanso Gardens members do not need a ticket.
- Members of other gardens that participate in the Reciprocal Admissions Program must reserve a free non-member ticket.
- Tickets will be scanned for entry and can only be used for the date and time printed on them.
- Tickets are limited to 6 per household; those reserving more than 6 tickets will have all additional tickets invalidated. Ticket purchaser must be present with entire party in order to enter the Garden. Descanso Gardens staff may request identification from the ticket purchaser.
- Please read our garden etiquette guidelines to better understand the expectations of behavior when visiting Descanso.
- Food and picnicking are not permitted in the Gardens; however, you are welcome to use the picnic area adjacent to the parking lot.
- We cannot accommodate tour groups/buses on Free Tuesday. For group availability, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (818) 949-4202.