To join us on Free Tuesday, you will need advance tickets.
Descanso Gardens opens its gates for free the third Tuesday of every month, and the response has been great. So great, that in order to ensure a great experience for visitors, advance tickets are now required for all non–members on Free Tuesday.
Tickets for Free Tuesday on July 16 will be available at Tuesday, July 2 at 10am. Free Tuesday tickets do not include entry to the World Rhythms: Briseyda Zarate concert.
- Tickets are free and must be reserved online in advance, by phone at (818) 949-4200 or in person. No tickets will be available on-site at the Gardens on Free Tuesday.
- Tickets are available three weeks before the date of Free Tuesday. Reservations for Free Tuesday on July 16 will begin on July 2 at 10am. There are two times available to enter: 9am and 1pm. Once you are in the Gardens, you man stay until Descanso Gardens closes at 5pm.
- All visitors – including infants – need a ticket.
- Descanso Gardens members do not need a ticket.
- Members of other gardens that participate in the Reciprocal Admissions Program must reserve a free non-member ticket.
- Tickets will be scanned for entry and can only be used for the date and time printed on them.
- Tickets are limited to 6 per household; those reserving more than 6 tickets will have all additional tickets invalidated. Ticket purchaser must be present with entire party in order to enter the Garden. Descanso Gardens staff may request identification from the ticket purchaser.
- Please read our garden etiquette guidelines to better understand the expectations of behavior when visiting Descanso.
- Food and picnicking are not permitted in the Gardens; however, you are welcome to use the picnic area adjacent to the parking lot.
- We cannot accommodate tour groups/buses on Free Tuesday. For group availability, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (818) 949-4202.
Now through August 31, view photographer Gil Garcetti’s work from his new book, Protea – The Magic and the Mystery. Images are on display in the Boddy House.
You may know him as a former Los Angeles County district attorney (and father of current LA Mayor Eric Garcetti). The LA native is also an acclaimed, multifaceted photographer.
Photographer Gil Garcetti and writer Larry Livingston will discuss their book, Protea – The Magic and the Mystery. Books will be available for purchase. No reservations required, space is limited. Seating is available on a first come-first served basis.