Please note: In order to purchase or reserve tickets online, your operating system and browser need to be upgraded to the latest version. This is an Internet-wide requirement to ensure the highest level of security while processing transactions.
To join us on Free Tuesday, you will need advance tickets.
Descanso Gardens opens its gates for free the third Tuesday of every month, and the response has been great. So great, that in order to ensure a great experience for visitors, advance tickets are now required for all non–members on Free Tuesday.
Tickets for Free Tuesday on June 18 will be available at Tuesday, May 28 at 10am. Free Tuesday tickets do not include entry to the sold-out World Rhythms: Mariachi Divas concert.
- Tickets are free and must be reserved online in advance, by phone at (818) 949-4200 or in person. No tickets will be available on-site at the Gardens on Free Tuesday.
- Tickets are available three weeks before the date of Free Tuesday. Reservations for Free Tuesday on June 18 will begin on May 28 at 10am. There are two times available to enter: 9am and 1pm. Once you are in the Gardens, you man stay until Descanso Gardens closes at 5pm.
- All visitors – including infants – need a ticket.
- Descanso Gardens members do not need a ticket.
- Members of other gardens that participate in the Reciprocal Admissions Program must reserve a free non-member ticket.
- Tickets will be scanned for entry and can only be used for the date and time printed on them.
- Tickets are limited to 6 per household; those reserving more than 6 tickets will have all additional tickets invalidated. Ticket purchaser must be present with entire party in order to enter the Garden. Descanso Gardens staff may request identification from the ticket purchaser.
- Please read our garden etiquette guidelines to better understand the expectations of behavior when visiting Descanso.
- Food and picnicking are not permitted in the Gardens; however, you are welcome to use the picnic area adjacent to the parking lot.
- We cannot accommodate tour groups/buses on Free Tuesday. For group availability, contact email@example.com or (818) 949-4202.
Come join our monthly walk for birders of all levels. Bring binoculars!
Keep your bird count tallied on the updated and now downloadable Descanso Bird Checklist.
Join us once a month for a fun and relaxed guided walk along Descanso’s many beautiful paths and trails. Whether you are looking to improve your health, make new friends, or get to know the Gardens, an experienced guide will help you explore all that Descanso has to offer.
Free to members. No registration required.