Eight-week morning yoga session starting Friday, September 20. Includes a 25-minute fitness walk and 60-minutes yoga practice. $116 for eight-week session. Advance registration and minimum enrollment required. Please note that this program is non-refundable.
Register online here, in person at the Descanso Gardens Visitor Center, or by phone at (818) 949-7980.
Please note that this class is sold out.
Join Urban Forager author Elisa Callow and featured chef Mario Rodriguez as they demonstrate the remarkable variety of salsas using the traditional comal pan and incorporating fresh and dried chiles.
$40 members, $50 nonmembers. Advance reservation required.
Please note that this program is non-refundable.
Join us once a month for a fun and relaxed guided walk along Descanso’s many beautiful paths and trails. Whether you are looking to improve your health, make new friends, or get to know the Gardens, an experienced guide will help you explore all that Descanso has to offer.
Free to members. No registration required.
To join us on Free Tuesday, you will need advance tickets.
Descanso Gardens opens its gates for free the third Tuesday of every month, and the response has been great. So great, that in order to ensure a great experience for visitors, advance tickets are now required for all non–members on Free Tuesday.
Tickets for Free Tuesday on October 15 will be available on Tuesday, September 24 at 10am.
- Tickets are free and must be reserved online in advance, by phone at (818) 949-4200 or in person. No tickets will be available on-site at the Gardens on Free Tuesday.
- Tickets are available three weeks before the date of Free Tuesday. There are two times available to enter: 9am and 1pm. Once you are in the Gardens, you man stay until Descanso Gardens closes at 5pm.
- All visitors – including infants – need a ticket.
- Descanso Gardens members do not need a ticket.
- Members of other gardens that participate in the Reciprocal Admissions Program must reserve a free non-member ticket.
- Tickets will be scanned for entry and can only be used for the date and time printed on them.
- Tickets are limited to 6 per household; those reserving more than 6 tickets will have all additional tickets invalidated. Ticket purchaser must be present with entire party in order to enter the Garden. Descanso Gardens staff may request identification from the ticket purchaser.
- Please read our garden etiquette guidelines to better understand the expectations of behavior when visiting Descanso.
- Food and picnicking are not permitted in the Gardens; however, you are welcome to use the picnic area adjacent to the parking lot.
- We cannot accommodate tour groups/buses on Free Tuesday. For group availability, contact email@example.com or (818) 949-4202.
Please note that Garden Sprouts is full.
Join us on four Fridays from October 25–November 15. Meets in the Harvest Garden.
Garden Sprouts is a grownup and child (ages 2–4) class where the seeds of love for nature are planted and nurtured. Children and adults participate in story time, songs, hands-on nature, science, art, and gardening activities, as well as prepare a healthy snack together. All activities are designed specifically for children’s fine and gross motor skills and social development.
$40 members; $48 non-members. Registration required.
Please note that Carved: A Pumpkin Carving Workshop is sold out.
Take your pumpkin carving up a level using basic stencils and tools. All materials and carving tools are included with the workshop fee.
$30 members, $40 non-members. Advance registration required.