The stars will shine, the lanterns will glow and you will be the first to experience Enchanted Forest of Light at the 2019–20 Preview Party on Saturday, November 16. The event will give visitors a chance to experience Enchanted before it opens on November 17.
Tickets are $150 per person and include food and drinks, plus additional entertainment.
Please note: Enchanted Forest of Light is sold out. There are no more tickets available.
Experience the wonder of Enchanted Forest of Light from November 17 to January 5. New this year is contemporary sculptor Tom Fruin’s magical “stained glass” creation which will grace Descanso’s Mulberry Pond. Popular favorites returning include the Ancient Forest, Flower Power, and “Celestial Shadows” by HYBYCOZO.
Enchanted is a rain-or-shine event. Tickets are non-refundable, have timed entry and must be purchased in advance. See our FAQs about Enchanted here.
The fruiting bodies exhibition begins its run in the Sturt Haaga Gallery from November 18–April 5, 2020.
Tickets to Free Tuesday on Nov. 19 are sold out.
Please note that Free Tuesday tickets do not include entry to Enchanted Forest of Light.
- Tickets are free and must be reserved online in advance, by phone at (818) 949-4200 or in person. No tickets will be available on-site at the Gardens on Free Tuesday.
- Tickets are available three weeks before the date of Free Tuesday. There are two times available to enter: 9am and 1pm. Once you are in the Gardens, you man stay until Descanso Gardens closes at 5pm.
- All visitors – including infants – need a ticket.
- Descanso Gardens members do not need a ticket.
- Members of other gardens that participate in the Reciprocal Admissions Program must reserve a free non-member ticket.
- Tickets will be scanned for entry and can only be used for the date and time printed on them.
- Tickets are limited to 6 per household; those reserving more than 6 tickets will have all additional tickets invalidated. Ticket purchaser must be present with entire party in order to enter the Garden. Descanso Gardens staff may request identification from the ticket purchaser.
- Please read our garden etiquette guidelines to better understand the expectations of behavior when visiting Descanso.
- Food and picnicking are not permitted in the Gardens; however, you are welcome to use the picnic area adjacent to the parking lot.
- We cannot accommodate tour groups/buses on Free Tuesday. For group availability, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (818) 949-4202.
The Boddy House will be seasonally decorated from November 23 to January 6. Enjoy festive displays that celebrate the textures, scents and colors of beautiful winter botanicals. You just might be inspired to switch up your own seasonal décor!
The Boddy House is open 10am – 4pm daily.
Please note that this Wreath Making class on Dec. 7 at 10am is sold out.
Make a beautiful winter wreath for your home using natural materials, including botanicals gathered in the Gardens. The Wreath Making class meets at 10am or 2pm, December 7 and 8. Sign up early – this class sells out! Experts will provide instruction to get you started. $40 members; $50 non-members. Includes materials.
Advance registration required. Please note that this program is non-refundable.