Summer at Descanso
Summer is the season to head outside and enjoy the beauty and nature of Descanso Gardens. As summer nights get cooler, our programming heats up with Summer Songs and Descanso After Hours. Advance tickets are required for all Summer at Descanso events, so book yours today!
Please note: There are no reciprocal gardens admissions for our Summer at Descanso events.
Summer Songs. 6 Wednesdays, June 21, June 28, July 19, July 26, August 16 and August 23 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. The 3rd and 4th Wednesdays of each summer month feature The Flashdance DJs spinning all-vinyl sets. Come relax, enjoy a cold beer, wander through the Rose Garden and the shade of Descanso’s oak trees and Camellia Forest as the sun sets. Advance tickets required, get yours here:
- August 23, Rose Garden | GET TICKETS
Descanso After Hours. Descanso stays open late from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on select Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from June 20 to August 24. Enjoy the cooler temperatures and the serenity of the Gardens as the sun starts to set! Advance tickets required, get yours here:
End of Summer Festival
The gardens stay open extra late for this end of summer celebration on Wednesday, August 30. Grab a cold drink and relax to the tunes of the The Flashdance DJs, wander through the gardens to the sounds of live music. Enjoy the sunset, then end the night with some stargazing in the Oak Woodland. Bring your own flashlight! Advance tickets required, get yours here:
- The Flashdance DJs | 5–10 p.m. | Main Lawn
- Crafting: Inspired by the Gardens | 5:30–7:30 p.m. | Rose Garden
- Live Musicians | 6–8 p.m. | Various locations
- Crafting: Inspired by the Stars | 7:30–9:30 p.m. | Boddy Lodge
- Stargazing | 8:30–9:30 p.m. | Oak Woodland: See the night sky through a telescope with the help of the Old Town Sidewalk Astronomers.
- Festival Food by Patina | 5–9 p.m. | Main Lawn: Enjoy signature cocktails inspired by summer, beer, and barbeque favorites for purchase.