November 14, 2020 – January 10, 2021
Open 9am to 5pm
As the days get cooler, Descanso Gardens invites you to take a moment to reflect and enjoy the beauty that’s all around us. Enjoy art pieces in the garden, special seasonal plantings, self-guided activities, and a beautiful Wishing Tree created by artist Kaz Yokou Kitajima.
Included in the price of admission. Non-members must purchase tickets online in advance at descansogardens.org/tickets. All November tickets are available now. December tickets will go on sale Monday, November 30 at 10am.
Descanso Gardens members get in free and do not need tickets or reservations. Members can enter the garden early at 8am daily.
Reflections at Descanso highlights include:
- Wishing Tree: Make a wish for the season on Descanso’s Main Lawn with artist Kaz Yokou Kitajima’s Wishing Tree. The artist will reuse the wood from a downed oak in the garden to make this special piece. As part of the sculpture, visitors will be invited to make a wish for the new year.
- Golden Grove: Gold-burnished logs and stones will appear from the base of the oaks creating a festive glow among the oaks. Look closer and you will find clues about things that live in this place. See how many questions you can answer.
- Floral Arches: As you enter the garden, there will be multiple arches at Center Circle decorated by different floral artists and changing every 2-3 weeks. Materials will be natural but not necessarily living. These make for festive and eye-catching photo opportunities.
- Mirror Tree: As you stroll through the Camellia Forest, take a moment to reflect and enjoy a walk. In the forest is a tree adorned with mirrors that reflect the light and beauty around it.
- Winter Plantings: Descanso Gardens’ Promenade always features the beauty of the season and will be transformed with plantings that celebrate winter in the gardens.
- Deer Sculptures: Artist David Lovejoy will create a family of deer out of natural and recycled materials to populate the pond area near the Promenade.