Descanso Gardens welcomes artists and photographers to capture our natural beauty. Please review our Photography Policy prior to entry. There are limitations on equipment that amateur photographers may bring into the Gardens.
Families, couples, commercial photographers and members of the media are welcome to take photographs on our grounds according to the policies and procedures outlined below. All posed photography, both commercial and non-commercial, require a reservation and fee.
WHAT REQUIRES A RESERVATION?
Non-commercial, posed photography requires a reservation and fee. This includes:
- Wedding and engagement photography
- Quinceañeras and prom portraits
- Maternity and baby portraits
- Family and holiday card photography
Fees for a posed photography session of two hours or less are dependent on the number of people attending (including photographers):
- 1–10 people: $300
- 10–20 people: $400
- 20+ people: $600
Availability AND Reservations
- Visitors are able to acquire a permit for a (2) hour photography session between 9am and 4pm from Monday–Thursday, or between 9am and 2pm from Friday–Sunday.
- Photography sessions cannot be scheduled during closed hours nor during ticketed and/or member-exclusive events.
- Reservations must be made at least two days in advance, walk-ins are not allowed.
- Descanso Gardens reserves the right to all photography site locations at any given time with or without notice. Some sites may not be available the day of your reservation due to unforeseen circumstances or garden maintenance. Seasonal restrictions may apply.
MAKE A RESERVATION
“Vacation-style” or impromptu photography is permitted throughout the Gardens without a reservation. Amateur photographers may not use their representations of the Gardens for public use unless approved by Descanso Gardens.
Student Portfolio Photography and Filming is permitted but is also subject to commercial filming and photoshoot fees. Certain restrictions do apply. For additional information, please contact the Special Events Office at email@example.com or (818) 949-4291.