Descanso Gardens welcomes artists and photographers to capture our natural beauty.
Please review our Photography Policy prior to entry. Families, couples, commercial photographers and members of the media are welcome to take photographs on our grounds according to the policies and procedures outlined below. All posed photography, both commercial and non-commercial, requires a reservation and fee.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIRES A PERMIT:
- Photography that requires additional photography equipment (lights, reflectors, props, etc.)
- Any professional photography
- Professional portrait and special event photography is defined as, but not limited to: quinceañeras, engagements, family groups, graduation, wedding, maternity, etc.
HOW TO RESERVE A PERMIT:
- Each permit is good on the date it is issued anytime between 9am–2pm
- All permit holders must check in at the Visitor Center and sign the photography agreement
- Photography reservations can be made online by clicking on your group size below
- Photo booking can also be made via email at email@example.com or by calling (818) 949-4200
- Same-day photography bookings can be made on a first-come, first-served basis
- Group size and prices:
- 1-5 people $300
- 6-10 people $400
- 11-15 people $600
- 16-20 people $700
- Groups of 21 people or more need to contact Special Events at firstname.lastname@example.org or (818) 949-4291
- There are NO refunds for Photography Permits. Sessions can be rescheduled up to 48 hours from the date on the permit
RESERVE A PERMIT
To reserve a permit, click on the size of your group:
- For questions about photo permits, email email@example.com or call (818) 949-4200
- Commercial photography and filming inquiries, please contact the Special Events Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (818) 949-4291
- Press and social media influencer inquiries must make arrangements prior to visiting through the Public Relations department at (818) 949-7984 or email@example.com