Whether they are seasoned green thumbs or gardening newbies, the Garden Volunteers share an enthusiasm for keeping Descanso beautiful. They assist Descanso Gardens horticultural staff with a variety of plant maintenance tasks as well as learning new gardening skills. Basic tasks include weeding, watering, deadheading, and raking.
- Successful completion of the Garden Volunteers training class and acceptance into program.
- Ability and stamina to spend up to two hours bending and standing.
- Training will be provided.
- Upon completion of training, Garden Volunteers are required to commit to working two weekday morning shift per month and to attend required meetings.
- Year-round morning shifts are available.