After-hours and daytime events with programs designed to connect garden visitors of all ages to nature. Join us for festivals, immersive installations, music, workshops, tours, and more.
Cultivate: A Living Plant Museum
March 22 @ 4:30 pm - 7:00 pmIncluded with admission or membership
Cultivate is back! Don’t miss Cultivate: A Living Plant Museum on March 22 from 4:30–7pm with fascinating tours, workshops, a DJ in the gardens, and live demonstrations. Wander the grounds at your own pace, with new activities around every corner.
The event is free with admission, so come celebrate spring and learn what makes Descanso a living museum with Descanso Gardens’ Cultivate!
Spring Blooms Tour with Director of Horticulture David Bare
- Experience the burst of color of Descano’s famous camellias and beloved tulips in this walking tour
- Meets at 4:30, 5:30, and 6:30pm at Magnolia Lawn
Floral Preservation with Autumn Ayers
- Learn how to preserve your favorite plants in this interactive workshop with Descanso horticulture staff member Autumn Ayers
A History of Rose Tea with Tea Sommelier Elizabeth Escobedo
- Descanso’s rose collection is one of the garden’s crowd-pleasers, but this dynamic flower can also be made into teas and infusions. Join certified tea sommelier Elizabeth Escobedo in a live workshop about making and enjoying rose tea!
- Have a drink in the Rose Garden bar and enjoy a mix of classic hits and contemporary songs by our popular guest DJs.
- 4:30-7pm in the Rose Pavilion
Surround yourself with other nature-lovers at Descanso Gardens’ Cultivate, a special series that brings together live music, dancing, refreshments, and engaging experiences in nature that will connect you more deeply to the world around you.