Plan Your Visit
- Descanso Gardens is open daily except for December 25. Hours are 9am to 5pm (last entry is 4pm). There is ample free parking.
- The Boddy House is open daily from 10am to 4pm.
- The Sturt Haaga Gallery is open daily from 10am to 4pm when an exhibit is on view. The gallery presents three 10-week exhibits per year.
- General $9
- Seniors 65 and over/Students with ID $6
- Children (5 to 12 years) $4
- Descanso members and children under 5 are free.
Please note: As part of Blue Star Museums 2017, Descanso Gardens is proud to offer free daytime admission to active duty military personnel and up to five family members between Memorial Day and Labor Day, May 29 – Sept. 4. To participate, please bring your military ID. Additionally, Descanso is offering free admission to veterans and one guest during the same time period.
Price: Tickets are sold at the Visitor Center and are $3 per rider or $25 for a book of 10 tickets
Requirements: Riders must be at least 30 inches tall and able to sit on their own.
Schedule: All schedules are subject to weather and availability. Please call ahead to see if the train is running at (818) 949-4200.
Please note: The train will not be running on Tuesday, June 20.
- Monday: No train
- Tuesday: 10am to noon
- Wednesday: No train
- Thursday: No train
- Friday: 10am to noon
- Saturday & Sunday: 10am to 4pm
Where We’re Located
Descanso Gardens is located near the intersection of the 210 and 2 freeways, and is a 20-minute drive from downtown Los Angeles. Use the map below to get directions, or access the map here.
1418 Descanso Drive
La Cañada Flintridge, CA 91011
Ph. (818) 949-4200
Click here to download the current map of Descanso Gardens, which includes seasonal bloom and general information about the Gardens.
The Gift Shop is open every day except Christmas. Hours are 10am to 4pm Monday through Friday, and 10am to 4:45pm on Saturdays and Sundays. For information, phone (818) 949-4292.
The Descanso Café is located near the Gardens entrance and is open daily from 8am to 4:30pm. The Café is operated by the Patina Restaurant Group, and provides sandwiches, salads and lunch specials with outdoor seating. Catering is also available for special events. Descanso members enjoy a discount on their purchase. For information, phone (818) 790-3663. Now featuring Intelligentsia coffee!
Experience the restaurant Eater LA calls “a stone cold stunner”! Maple is open for lunch and brunch during these hours:
- Lunch: 11am to 2pm on Thursday and Friday
- Brunch: 9am to 2pm on Saturday and Sunday
Allowed during regular hours, 9am to 5pm. As of Dec. 1, 2014, Descanso Gardens enforces the 90-mile exclusion policy. Please visit the American Horticultural Society website for details about the reciprocal gardens program.
- Tour packages include:
- Free parking for bus, vans or cars.
- Admission to the Gardens included in all tour prices.
- Free Gardens admission for driver and one escort.
- Personalized service. A tour advisor will assist you with reservations and can offer creative ideas to make your visit a success.
- Box-lunch reservations available.
- Picnic area available by reservation.
Discovery Walking Tour
Experience the Gardens with a Descanso docent. For groups of 25 or more (no maximum), available every day of the week, this tour will introduce the magic and history of the Gardens, with an eye to seasonal surprises. We can create customized tours to meet your group’s special interests. We provide one (1) docent per 25 guests. Walking tours are rain or shine so please dress appropriately. Walking tours are for guests in reasonably good health and capable of a substantial amount of walking. Please contact us if you have any questions about the suitability of the Docent-led Walking Tour for your group. Please allow three weeks advance notice for your tour. Price is $10 per person.
A limited number of wheelchairs are available on a first-come, first-serve basis for guest use at the Visitor’s Center. Many of Descanso’s asphalt pathways are wheelchair accessible.
No animals, except service dogs, are allowed in the Gardens. Service animals are defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities. In California, to falsely identify or pretend your dog is a service animal is punishable by six months in jail or a fine of up to $1,000, or both. Penal Code Section 365.7.