Plan Your Visit
- Descanso Gardens is open daily except for December 25. Current hours are 9am to 7pm. Last entry time for members is 6:30pm. There is ample free parking.
Members can enter without an advance ticket, but visitors who are not members and guests not covered under a membership will need advance tickets with timed entry.
No tickets will be sold at the gardens. Purchase available tickets or become a member here:
- General $15
- Seniors 65 and over/Students with ID $11
- Children (5 to 12 years) $5
- Descanso members and children under 5 are free.
The railroad is currently closed.
Where We’re Located
Descanso Gardens is located near the intersection of the 210 and 2 freeways and is a 20-minute drive from downtown Los Angeles. Use the map below to get directions, or access the map here.
1418 Descanso Drive
La Cañada Flintridge, CA 91011
Ph. (818) 949-4200
Click here to download the current map of Descanso Gardens, which includes seasonal bloom and general information about the Gardens.
Around the Gardens you will see new interpretive and directional signage. Thank you to the generous botanical illustrators who provided art. Chris Chapman: Agave, Juniper, olive branch, Japanese Maple, hummingbird sage, oakling; Jan Clouse: Summer acorns; Mary Harden: Golden aster; Joan Keesey: California poppy, buckeye pods; Anna Mason: Rose Juliet; Gilly Shaeffer: Camellia, matilija poppy.
The Gift Shop is currently closed.
The Kitchen at Descanso
The Kitchen at Descanso is located near the Gardens entrance and is open daily. There are sandwiches, salads and lunch specials.
Allowed during regular daytime hours. Descanso Gardens enforces the 90-mile exclusion policy. Please visit the American Horticultural Society website for details about the reciprocal gardens program.
We are not currently booking group tours.
Please note that at this time, wheelchairs are temporarily unavailable for guest use. We apologize for the inconvenience.
No animals, except service dogs, are allowed in the Gardens. Service animals are defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities. To learn more about what is considered a service animal, click here. In California, to falsely identify or pretend your dog is a service animal is punishable by six months in jail or a fine of up to $1,000, or both. Penal Code Section 365.7.
This facility and its programs and activities are accessible to and by, persons with disabilities. In order to make this facility accessible to all people, we have made the following modifications:
- Created parking stalls as close as possible to the entrance to the Gardens, designated specifically for persons with disabilities;
- Added curb cuts, ramps, and level entrances to ease the transition into our Gardens and buildings;
- Modified offices, meeting rooms, garden paths, and bathroom facilities so that they are wheelchair accessible;
- Implemented a system whereby wheelchairs may be checked out at no charge, at the Visitor Center. Other accessibility devices for use by individuals with mobility disabilities are permitted in the Gardens.
- Lastly, service animals are permitted in the Gardens as outlined by ADA guidelines.
If you require more specialized assistance, please call ahead of your visit at (818) 949-4290 and speak with a member of our Visitor Center staff, so that we can better understand how we can help improve your experience here at Descanso Gardens.
Descanso is home to many animals including birds, deer, mountain lions, bears, snakes, squirrels and more. Enjoy viewing these creatures, but remember that this is their home and we are the visitors. It is illegal and harmful to people and wildlife to approach, feed, handle, capture or harass any animal. Please keep a safe distance. Getting too close, feeding and touching are all things that can put you and the animal in danger. To find out more about the animals that live at Descanso or to report an animal sighting, please visit the Visitor Center. Descanso Gardens is not liable for harm caused to any persons on Descanso’s premises, nor for loss or damage to property. Visitors to Descanso Gardens enter at their own risk.