Descanso Gardens is a botanical oasis that welcomes all to its cultivated gardens and natural landscapes. We can’t wait to see you in the gardens!
Daytime admission (how it works)
- Members can enter Descanso during daytime hours without admission
- Non-members must purchase admission to enter Descanso during daytime hours
- Purchase daytime admission on-site at Descanso or here on our website
Please note, Descanso Gardens is now cashless
Daytime ticket prices
|Students with ID||$11|
|Children 4 and under||FREE|
- Free Tuesday occurs on the third Tuesday of every month
- On the first day of the month at 10am, we release a set number of Free Tuesday tickets
- Advance tickets are required, are not available at the door, and must be reserved in advance on our website
- Free admission is for daytime hours only, special events such as Enchanted Forest of Light are not included
- December 19 Free Tuesday are available now
Free Tuesday FAQs
When are Free Tuesday tickets made available?
- December 19 Free Tuesday – Tickets are available now
- January 16 Free Tuesday – Tickets will be available Tuesday, January 2 at 10am
- February 20 Free Tuesday – Tickets will be available Thursday, February 1 at 10am
What if the first day of the month falls on a weekend or holiday?
If the first day of the month falls on a weekend, we’ll release Free Tuesday tickets the Monday after. If it falls on a holiday, we’ll release Free Tuesday tickets on the first business day after the first of the month.
What If I get a Free Tuesday ticket and then can’t make it for that date?
Free Tuesday tickets are good only for the day they’re booked and can’t be used any other day.
Can I book a group tour for a Free Tuesday?
Sorry, we do not allow group tours on Free Tuesdays. If you have a group of 20 people or more, you can reserve a group tour in advance on another day. Tours may be self-guided or docent led. To arrange a group tour, please email email@example.com or phone 818.949.4200.
What if I’m a member?
It’s like every day is “Free Tuesday” when you’re a Descanso Gardens member because daytime admission is ALWAYS free for members!
Food isn’t allowed in the gardens
We invite you to purchase food at The Market and enjoy it in the Courtyard, or bring your own food and enjoy it on the picnic tables near the Visitor Center.
Please observe our code of conduct while in the gardens
- We welcome you to eat in the Courtyard or at the picnic tables outside of the Visitor Center.
- Please respect our staff and visitors at all times.
- Descanso will not tolerate inappropriate behavior, including, but not limited to: Yelling, violence, intimidation, threats, harassment, aggression, swearing, damage, abuse, sexual harassment, or those who are aggressive toward staff or other visitors. Individuals who exhibit these behaviors toward staff or other visitors will be expelled from the gardens.
- For immediate concerns, please go directly to the Visitor Center for assistance.
- If you have suggestions or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Still have questions that aren’t covered in this section? Our Visit FAQs cover a wide landscape of information to help you plan your visit to Descanso.