CURRENT HOURS: 9AM–7PM
Advance tickets are required for non-members to enter Descanso
Members can enter Descanso without an advance ticket, but visitors who are not members and guests not covered under a membership will need advance tickets. No tickets will be sold at the gardens. Face coverings are required. Please practice social distancing. For more information, click here.
Tickets for non-members will be released as follows:
- All September tickets are available now
- All October tickets will be released at 10am on Monday, September 28 (Includes Free Tuesday on October 20)
For faster entry, please print your tickets in advance.
- General admission $15
- Seniors 65 and over/Students with ID $11
- Children (5 to 12 years) $5
- Descanso members and children under 5 are free.
When you visit, please
- Maintain social distance of 6 feet or more with staff and other visitors
- Wear a face covering
- Bring water (All drinking fountains are closed). Drinks can be consumed inside the garden.
- Drinks can be consumed inside the garden
- Enjoy any food in the courtyard or the picnic tables outside of the Visitor Center
- Get a ticket in advance if you are NOT a member
- Note that we will be a cashless establishment
Here are some other changes you will see:
- Hours have been added to allow for visits to be spread out over longer times (The gardens will be open daily from 9am–7pm. The member-only hour is 8am–9am)
- The entry is reconfigured to make social distancing easier
- Hand sanitizing stations can be found in the courtyard
- All staff and visitors will wear face coverings
- The Sturt Haaga Gallery, Boddy House, and Enchanted Railroad ate closed
- All drinking fountains are closed
- Restrooms will be cleaned every half hour
- There will be no programs or walks during this time. We will bring programming back as soon as it is safe.
- Wheelchair rental will not be available
- We will not be honoring reciprocal memberships
- The Kitchen at Descanso will be open for limited hours. You can purchase drinks, which can be taken into the garden, or food, which must be eaten in the picnic area or taken home. Click here to learn more about dining options at Descanso.
We can’t wait to see you in the gardens!