- General $9
- Seniors 65 and over/Students with ID $6
- Children (5 to 12 years) $4
- Descanso members and children under 5 are free.
The entry to Descanso Gardens is at the bridge. If you are a member or bought a ticket online, you do not have to stop at the Visitor Center. Tickets (paper or on a screen) and membership cards are scanned at the bridge. Tickets can be purchased for any day during our regular hours. (We are open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. every day but Dec. 25.) After-hour events require special tickets. Both members and non-members can continue to purchase tickets, train tickets, ask questions and register for classes at the Visitor Center.
Members enjoy free admission every day, as well as special presale and discount tickets to after-hour events and Enchanted: Forest of Light, the gift store and programs. Members also receive early 8am admission into the Gardens.
A MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM
August 16, 17, 23 & 24
Ensemble Shakespeare Theater returns to Descanso for a fully immersive theater production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream. Bring your running shoes, as this experience will have you chasing through the Gardens to follow fighting lovers, dancing fairies, and a bewildered donkey, on an adventure filled with laughter and love.
$25 members, $35 non-members. Join us on August 16, 17, 23 or 24.
FREE TUESDAY – TICKETS REQUIRED
August 20, 2019
To join us on Free Tuesday, you’ll need advance tickets. Tickets for Free Tuesday on August 20 are available now.
Tickets for Free Tuesday on September 17 will be available at 10am on August 27.
Tickets for Free Tuesday on October 15 will be available at 10am on September 24.
Descanso Gardens opens its gates for free the third Tuesday of every month and the response has been great. So great, that in order to ensure a great experience for visitors and to be good neighbors, starting in May Descanso will require advance tickets for all non–members on Free Tuesday.
Free Tuesday tickets
- Tickets are free and must be reserved online in advance at descansogardens.org/tickets, by phone at (818) 949-4200 or in person. No tickets will be available at the Gardens on Free Tuesday.
- Tickets are available three weeks before the date of Free Tuesday. There are two times available: 9am and 1pm. Once you are in the Gardens, you can stay until Descanso closes at 5pm.
- All visitors – including infants- need a ticket.
- Descanso Gardens members do not need a ticket.
- Members of other gardens that participate in the Reciprocal Admissions Program must reserve a free non-member ticket.
- Tickets will be scanned for entry and can only be used for the date and time printed on them.
- Tickets are limited to 6 per household; those reserving more than 6 tickets will have all additional tickets invalidated. Ticket purchaser must be present with the entire party in order to enter the Garden. Descanso Gardens staff may request identification from the ticket purchaser.
- Please read our garden etiquette guidelines to better understand the expectations of behavior when visiting Descanso.
- Food and picnicking are not permitted in the Gardens; however, you are welcome to use the picnic area adjacent to the parking lot.
- We cannot accommodate tour groups/buses on Free Tuesday. For group availability, contact email@example.com or (818) 949-4202. Tickets are available three weeks before the day of the event at 10am. Online, in-person or tickets by phone will NOT be available before that time.
September 17 tickets will be available at 10am on August 27.
October 15 tickets will be available at 10am on September 24.