What’s in Bloom
Year-round, there’s something to see at Descanso Gardens! Below are estimated bloom times of your favorite plants. Please call Visitor Services at (818) 949-4200 to confirm that your favorites are blooming prior to your visit.
Love cherry blossoms? Check out our new Blooming Tree Tracker to check the bloom status of the cherry blossoms and other flowering trees throughout Descanso.
- JANUARY: Camellias, cherry trees and winter annuals
- FEBRUARY: Camellias, magnolias, cherry trees and daffodils
- MARCH: Tulips, camellias, irises, lilacs, cherry trees, clivia and daffodils
- APRIL: Azaleas, camellias, irises, lilacs, native plants and wildflowers, and wisteria
- MAY: Roses, azaleas, camellias, irises, wildflowers and California natives
- JUNE: Modern and heritage roses, and summer annuals
- JULY, AUGUST & SEPTEMBER: Roses, summer annuals and perennials, crape myrtle, and cassia
- OCTOBER: Sasanqua camellias, roses and fall foliage
- NOVEMBER: Camellias, toyon berries, annuals, ginkgo and fall foliage
- DECEMBER: Camellias, toyon berries, annuals and ginkgo.
What’s Blooming Now