Garden Etiquette and Practices
To preserve the harmony and beauty of Descanso Gardens, please observe the following:
- No smoking anywhere on Descanso property (including parking lots).
- Photography policy within the Gardens.
- No outside flowers within the Gardens, with the exception of approved rental clients.
- Certified service animals only.
- No bikes, motorcycles, horses or hunting.
- Children must remain with an adult.
- Respect the Gardens by NOT picking flowers, leaves or seeds, walking in flower beds, or climbing the trees.
- Do not feed or disturb the wildlife.
- Personal music devices with headsets only.
Our Gardens are for walking, looking, enjoying, and learning, NOT:
- Running, throwing balls or toys, climbing or games.
- Sunbathing (shoes and shirts required at all times).
- Bathing, wading, poking at the fish, splashing in water features.
- Picnicking, taking food and beverages outside designated areas, setting up chairs and blankets. (Picnics are only allowed on special occasions. If in doubt, please check with the Visitor Center.)
- High voltage wires are overhead: no model airplanes, drones, kites, or metallic balloons.