Garden Code of Conduct
Descanso Gardens is a botanical oasis that welcomes all to its cultivated gardens and natural landscapes.
Please respect our staff and visitors. Descanso will not tolerate inappropriate behavior, including, but not limited to: Yelling, violence, intimidation, threats, harassment, aggression, swearing, damage, abuse, sexual harassment, or those who are aggressive toward staff or other visitors.
Individuals who exhibit these behaviors toward staff or other visitors will be expelled from the gardens. If you have immediate concerns, please go directly to the Visitor Center for assistance. If you have suggestions or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To preserve the harmony and beauty of Descanso Gardens, please observe the following:
- No smoking anywhere on Descanso property (including parking lots).
- Photography policy within the Gardens.
- No outside flowers within the Gardens, with the exception of approved rental clients.
- No animals, with the exception of service animals as defined by the ADA, are allowed into Descanso.
- No bikes, motorcycles, horses or hunting.
- Children must remain with an adult.
- Respect the Gardens by NOT picking flowers, leaves or seeds, walking in flower beds, or climbing the trees.
- Do not feed or disturb the wildlife.
- Personal music devices with headsets only.
Our Gardens are for walking, looking, enjoying, and learning, not:
- Running, throwing balls or toys, climbing or games.
- Sunbathing (shoes and shirts required at all times).
- Bathing, wading, poking at the fish, splashing in water features.
- Picnicking, taking food and beverages outside designated areas, setting up chairs and blankets.
- High voltage wires are overhead: no model airplanes, drones, kites, or metallic balloons.